The Pima Community College Board of Governors has officially completed the search for the next Chancellor.
May 17, 2013: The PCC Governing Board held a Special Meeting at PCC’s District Office on Friday, May 17 at 11 a.m. During this meeting, Lee Lambert was appointed as Chancellor of Pima Community College beginning July 1, 2013.
- View the Chancellor's contract [accessible version]
- Video of May 17 Board meeting
- Incoming Chancellor website
May 14, 2013: Lynne Wakefield, Chancellor Search Coordinator, updated the College community about the six-person team from Pima that is on a fact-finding trip to Shoreline, Wash. as part of the effort to gather additional information and insights on Lee Lambert. The team’s visit is centered on Shoreline Community College, the Seattle-area institution Lambert has led since 2006. Their itinerary includes back-to-back meetings with Shoreline students, staff, administrators, trustees and faculty, as well as a tour of the campus.
Pima’s team includes:
- Dr. Brenda Even, Chair, Board of Governors
- Dr. Sylvia Lee, Member, Board of Governors
- Dr. Lou Albert, President, West Campus
- Kimlisa Salazar Duchicela, Faculty, Downtown Campus
- Terra Benson, Director of Admissions and Registrar
- Norm Rebenstorf, Member, PCC Foundation
May 10, 2013: Greg P. Smith withdraws from the finalist pool.
May 10, 2013: At a special meeting of the Governing Board today, Chair Brenda Even announced that Lee Lambert has emerged as the leading candidate to be Pima Community College's next chancellor. She commented that Lambert was “the candidate that seemed to rise to the top.” The Board authorized two Board members and three employees to travel to Shoreline Community College to conduct a site visit. Even described the visit as a typical part of the “due diligence process” in the hiring of a new chancellor.
- Feedback forms: comments on Lee D. Lambert
- Forum videos: Employee forum | Public forum
- Video transcripts: Employee forum | Public forum
We have selected the Association of Community College Trustees (ACCT) to assist us with the extension of the chancellor search process. ACCT has conducted over 400 community college executive searches and brings a wealth of information and expertise to our process. ACCT’s mission is to strengthen community college governance through education, advocacy, and service
We encourage you, should you have any questions, suggestions or would like to have a confidential discussion, to please reach out to our ACCT Search Consultants:
- Dr. Narcisa Polonio at email@example.com, 202-276-1983 (cell)
- Dr. Laurie Savona at firstname.lastname@example.org, 202-595-4300 (cell)
- Julie Golder Alion, J.D., at email@example.com, 202-775-4466 (office) or 202-384-5816 (cell)
Next Regular Board Meeting:
The Governing Board's next regularly scheduled meeting is:
- When: Wednesday, June 12 at 7 p.m.
- Where: District Office, Community Room [View map]