With a commitment of $1,000 or more for at least three years, you can establish a named scholarship to support deserving students. You determine
- the name of the scholarship
- the type of scholarship and its terms
- the amount of the award
- the criteria for selecting the recipient
- how often the scholarship is awarded.
Many donors choose to establish scholarships that cover resident tuition, fees and books for one academic year. For a full-time student taking 12 units per semester, the cost is approximately $1350 per semester.
With a gift of $10,000 you can establish a scholarship endowment.
- the principal is invested and remains intact
- scholarship awards are based on investment returns
- scholarships are issued annually on a continuing basis or for a designated period of time.