Who Can Apply
|Due to changes in Admission and Enrollment Classification standards authorized by the Pima Community College Board of Governors on March 29, 2013, the College is in the process of revising our Admission and Enrollment Classification system programming. Students should continue to apply for admission and register for courses as they have planned. If the procedural or system changes impact your student record, you will be contacted at your pima.edu student email address. For more information, or for assistance with applying or registering, please visit a campus Student Services Center.|
At Pima we believe that a high quality, affordable education can enable everyone to pursue their dreams, expand their understanding, and create their own future. If you meet one or more of the following eligibility criteria, we welcome you to apply to Pima:
- You graduated high school or earned your GED (Prepare for your GED through Pima's Adult Education Program)
- You have completed an Arizona General Education Certificate, or higher, at an accredited post-secondary institution.
- You are transferring to Pima from an accredited college or university and can demonstrate successful completion of Math and Writing college coursework comparable to PCC’s MAT 086 and WRT 100.
- You are able to demonstrate college readiness by assessing above the minimum level on PCC’s approved assessment instruments.
- You are currently attending another higher education institution and want to supplement your education with classes at Pima
- You are a current high school student, at least 16 years of age, and you have received permission from your school and parent(s) or legal guardians to pursue your education at Pima.
- You are below 16 years of age and have received permission from you parent(s) or legal guardians to attend Pima. Students under 16 will have additional admission and registration requirements.
How to Apply
Find answers to your questions with our admission FAQ resource.
And if you still have questions, you can always contact us.
Curious about how transferring PCC courses to the University of Arizona, Arizona State University, or Northern Arizona University will be effected if PCC is placed on probation status with the HLC? Visit our accreditation page for more information.