Applying for Aid
To be considered an early applicant and given priority for funds with limited availability, your FAFSA must be received by April 4. To be awarded aid, the following must happen:
- Pima must receive your valid FAFSA electronically,
- Pima must receive all requested documents,
- You must be admitted to an aid-eligible program as a regular student.
April 4 is not a deadline but a priority date for consideration for types of aid other than the Pell Grant.
How to Apply
Step 1: Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) online.
- Review this helpful tutorial to assist in completing the FAFSA
- The FAFSA is available after Jan. 1 every year.
- Apply early to be considered for the most aid.
- Pima's school code is 007266.
Get Help Completing the FAFSA
- Attend a free help session at PCC.
- Contact one of PCC's student services centers.
- Call the United States Department of Education, 800-433-3243.
Step 2: Examine FAFSA Results
Your FAFSA results will be sent or emailed to you as a Student Aid Report (SAR). Read the SAR carefully. If you find errors, make corrections to your FAFSA online at www.fafsa.ed.gov.
Step 3: Receive Electronic Record
The Department of Education will send an electronic version of your FAFSA to PCC. After we receive the electronic record, we will determine if any other information is needed to complete your file. We will post these requirements to your MyPima Financial Aid tab. The needed items will be indicated with red flags.
Processing of your application may take two to three weeks from the date we receive your FAFSA and any other requested documentation.
Step 4: Check for Updates
Check your MyPima Financial Aid tab, your Financial Aid Messages and your Pima student email account regularly for updates on your financial aid status.