Return to accessibility navigation at the top of the page.

Teacher Education

Prepare to become an elementary, secondary or special education cross-categorical or learning disabilities school teacher.

Students who plan to teach in elementary school should pursue the Elementary Education Associate of Arts degree; those who wish to teach secondary school should pursue an Associate of Arts. All students will need to complete an education degree at a 4-year college or university before becoming a teacher.

Students who have already earned a bachelor's degree can immediately start working toward teacher certification.  Students who have teaching certificates may take endorsement programs.

Contact the Teacher Education Office at 520-206-6566 or for additional information.

Associate Degree (transfer)

Post-Degree Certificates (direct employment)

Post-Degree Endorsements (direct employment)    

A post-degree endorsement in Early Childhood Education is also available.