Return to accessibility navigation at the top of the page.

Adjunct Faculty Application Process

Applications for adjunct faculty are accepted throughout the year. Potential adjuncts must meet Pima Certification Standards in order to teach. How to get started:

  1. Review the PCC disciplines or teaching areas listed online on Pima's Courses web site.  Certification review will only be considered in disciplines that you designate on your application.    
  2. Review the application checklist  for applicable supporting documents required for certification. Attach any supporting documentation to your online application (Licenses, Certificates, or Letters of Experience). You may also submit additional documents by mail or in person to the Faculty Certification Office.  
  3. Complete an online application.  Use our online system to create a new account or log into your existing account.  Complete a position application and attach other required documents.   
  4. Order Official Transcripts – Official Transcripts must come from the accredited institution. Please ask the registrar’s office to send official transcripts to Faculty Certification Office. Please note any name changes when ordering transcripts.
    Foreign Transcripts - a degree from any college outside of the United States (even if the transcript is in English) - must have a
    course-by-course evaluation. PCC has a list of approved foreign transcript evaluation agencies.  If you have an evaluation from an agency that is not on the list, it will not be accepted.

What happens after application packet has been submitted?  Review our Certification Process

If you are applying for a full-time and an adjunct faculty position, two separate applications must be submitted with appropriate documentation. 

  1. Full-time faculty applications and supporting documentation will be initially processed by the Human Resources Office.
  2. Adjunct applications and supporting documentation will be initially processed by the Faculty Certification Office.

Additional questions or further assistance? Contact Us.