Return to accessibility navigation at the top of the page.

State Authorization Information for Online Students Residing Outside Arizona

Pima Community College is currently working with higher education authorities in all states and other U.S. jurisdictions to ensure compliance with state authorization requirements that govern the offering of courses in those states, including complaint processes. We will continue to monitor developments in the jurisdictions in which we enroll students, and, if authorization or licensure is or becomes necessary, we will obtain approvals to offer courses, or provide notice here of the jurisdictions in which we are not authorized to offer courses or programs. 

If an online student resides in a state or jurisdiction in which we have not obtained approval, their course registrations will be dropped.

PCC has approval to offer courses or programs in the following states:

Arizona, California, Colorado, Florida, Georgia, Hawaii, Idaho, Iowa, Kansas, Massachusetts, Michigan, Nebraska, New Hampshire, New Mexico, Ohio, Oklahoma, Rhode Island, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, West Virginia, Wisconsin

PCC is in the process of obtaining approval in the following states:


PCC is currently not authorized to offer courses in the following states:

Alabama, Alaska, Arkansas, Connecticut, Delaware, Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maine, Maryland, Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, Nevada, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, North Dakota, Oregon, Pennsylvania, South Dakota, Utah, Vermont, Virginia, Washington, Wyoming

If you live outside of Arizona and plan to enroll in online classes, please check the information provided above to verify that your state has  authorized Pima Community College to offer online classes or programs to you as a resident of that state.

If you reside in an “unauthorized” state and plan to take online classes, note that we are not authorized to offer online education classes or programs to you.  If you enroll in online courses and we determine that you are residing in a state which we have not received authorization, your registration will be dropped. 

If you have questions or concerns, please contact the Community Campus Student Services Center 520-206-6468.

If you have a complaint against a higher education state agency responsible for state authorizations, please see the complaint process on