New Student Orientation - The Pima Advantage
New Student Orientation is an essential learning experience to start your first year off right. In orientation you will learn what classes to take, how to register, and the resources available to help you succeed. Additionally, you'll receive personalized advising at orientation.
First-time college students are required to participate in orientation to help ensure their academic success. Transfer and returning students are highly encouraged to participate in orientation to learn about Pima processes, services and resources.
Attending orientation at one of our campuses will help you make connections and start feeling comfortable in college right away. Choose a time and location that is convenient for you. You may go to an orientation at any campus and register for classes at another campus.
To sign-up for orientation:
- Log in to MyPima and go to the New Students tab to register for a session. Need help registering? Contact any Student Services Center
- Bring a photo ID and a pen or pencil with you.
- For a preview of the orientation, take a look at the New Student Orientation packet prior to your session.
For best class selection, sign up early.
If you are unable to attend a campus orientation, an alternative online orientation is available. Please allow 90 minutes to read through the content and complete the activities. Follow these steps to complete the online orientation
- Print the New Student Orientation packet
- Click on "Online New Student Orientation" to begin
- Please allow up to 2 business days to receive registration instructions after you complete the online orientation. (See Key Dates and Deadlines for College closures)
Interactive Student Success tutorials
To supplement orientation and for your use throughout your college career, interactive Student Success @ Pima tutorials are available that provide supplementary information: from "What is a Syllabus" to "High School Vs. College".
If you still have questions, contact us to learn more about orientation and how to get started at Pima.