PCC Foundation Scholarships
Welcome to STARS Online, the Pima Community College Foundation’s web-based scholarship application program.
The STARS On-Line scholarship application gives you access to over 50 scholarships for Pima Community College. Once you complete the application, STARS will provide a list of scholarships that best match your profile. Please read each scholarship's requirements carefully and do not apply for scholarships for which you do not qualify.
Application deadline for most scholarships are May 29, 2015. Unofficial transcripts or a copy of your GED diploma must also be received by the Pima Community College Foundation by that date. Applications without unofficial transcripts or GED diploma are not considered. Mail your transcripts to PCC Foundation, 4905 E Broadway Blvd, #C-252, Tucson,AZ 85709-1320; email to email@example.com; or fax to 520-206-4648.
If you are a New User, register by clicking the "Start Here" button. If you have completed a STARS application in the past, you may update your record and apply for new scholarships by entering your user name and password. If you have forgotten your user name, call the PCC Foundation office at 520-206-4646.
Be sure to read the Tips for Applying, and complete all of the information to the best of your ability.
Notifications: Students will be notified about scholarships they do and do not receive via email.
Some organizations offer scholarships through a separate application. Click on the links below to retrieve the applications.
- eLearners is working to make higher education easier for military service members, veterans and their families. They will award $1,000 scholarships to two students who are veterans, active duty service members & spouses. Deadline is March 2, 2015.
- Friends, family and professional colleagues fo Lisa Rae Sailer offer the Lisa Rae Sailer Scholarship to a full-time female PCC student majoring in Dental Hygiene. Deadline has been extended to March 6.
- Grainger Tools for Tomorrow Scholarship Program offers scholarships to students in their final year of study in a skilled trades or public safety program. Students must be enrolled full-time and carry a GPA of 3.0 or better. Applications should be submitted to the PCC Foundation, 4905 E. Broadway Blvd, Tucson, AZ 85709-1320. Deadline is March 13.
- AAUW Casas Adobes Branch offers scholarships of up to $1500 to re-entry women aged 25 or older who had a break in their education of at least 4 years. Deadline is March 14, 2015.
- The Valley Foundation offers scholarships to current or returning students who have not earned the highest grade point averages, are experiencing financial difficulties, and have a good citizenship record. Deadline is March 20, 2015.
- The Freeport-McMoRan Copper & Gold Foundation is offering a scholarship in the amount of $2000 for the 2015-16 academic year. Half will be awarded in the fall semester and half in the spring semester, contingent on confirmed eligibility. Students must be enrolled full-time and carry a GPA of at least 2.70. Deadline is March 27, 2015.
- PlumbersStock.com is pleased to announce the opening of their Video Scholarship Contest. This is a unique scholarship contest that is being offered to an elite group of students studying in the select fields of Plumbing, HVAC, Sprinkler, and/or Irrigation. The contest is designed to help students gain real-world application experience while practicing their skills and abilities. Deadline is March 31, 2015.
- PFLAG is offering several scholarships at $1,000 to LGBT students (high school, undergraduate, and graduate students) who will be attending Pima Community College. The application deadline is March 31, 2015.
- The Global Automotive Aftermarket Symposium (GAAS) & the University of the Aftermarket Foundation (UAF) offer scholarships to students planning careers in the automotive industry. Awards will be available for summer or fall 2015 terms. Deadline is March 31.
- Chapman Automotive is offering a $750 per semester scholarship to students pursuing a degree in Automotive Technology, a U.S. citizen, and maintain a "B" average or better. Applications are being accepted on an ongoing basis.
- T.E.A.C.H. Early Childhood® Arizona offers scholarships to improve the quality of early childhood care and education experiences for young children and their families. Applications are accepted on an ongoing basis.
If you have questions, please call the PCC Foundation at 520-206-4646.