ADN-BSN Concurrent Enrollment Program
The Concurrent Enrollment Associate of Applied Science/Baccalaureate Degree Nursing program allows qualified associate degree nursing students to earn a Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) from Northern Arizona University or Arizona State University while pursuing their associate's degree in nursing (ADN) at Pima.
The Concurrent Enrollment Program (CEP) provides an affordable course of study that, followed in sequence, enables students to complete their BSN degree concurrently with their associate degree.
Students enrolled in the program will follow the traditional course of study for all PCC students pursuing their associate degree in nursing, but at the same time they also will be enrolled in required university nursing courses. Because the university courses are taken online or in hybrid format, all courses will be offered in Tucson.
Upon successful completion of a CEP program, graduates are eligible to take the NCLEX-RN licensure examination.
Nurses who have completed their BSN are highly valued by potential employers. CEP graduates are equipped with the knowledge and skills to begin their nursing career with a degree that will promote professional success and advancement.
Program Eligibility, Costs, and Program Requirements
The ADN/BSN brochures provide more information on eligibility, required pre- and co-requisite courses, health and safety requirements, clinical requirements and estimated program costs: Arizona State University brochure | Northern Arizona University brochure | Grand Canyon University brochure
Selective Admissions Program: The concurrent enrollment programs (CEP) are selective admissions. Students must meet additional requirements beyond the traditional Associate of Applied Science in Nursing requirements. Students must complete the following to be considered:
- Attend a mandatory information session. View an online calendar or PDF with information session dates.
- Download the CEP program of choice brochure linked above
- Complete the required prerequisites for both the Associate of Applied Science in Nursing AND the university of choice.
- Complete all assessment testing including Accuplacer and HESI A2. View a flier with HESI exam dates.
- Download the CEP application and complete. Submit to the Division of Nursing at West Campus, D200 by the deadline below.
Applicants will be selected based upon a defined rubric point system by a Nursing Admissions Selection Committee. Selected candidates will be informed by Pima email after the committee review (typically two to three weeks after the deadline).
Application deadlines are:
- February 1st annually for Arizona State University (begin university courses in the summer and PCC courses in the fall).
- June 1st annually for Arizona State University AND Northern Arizona University (begin university courses in the fall and begin PCC courses in the spring).